Interest in Boosta Grows, Grassroots to the Pro’s!
Pure class from top to bottom. Our purpose-driven vision is continuing to help us build a world-class team dedicated to our mission of bringing 1-to-1 mentoring to programs within sports.
Since our last update in May, we have not only continued to add amazing personnel to our internal team but have steadily added impressive partnerships with coaches, influential personalities and notable programs who are empowered to scale their business and make a positive impact at nearly every level of soccer (and now Basketball 😉).
Tab Ramos Joins the Boosta Advisory Board
A true professional. Simply, Tab Ramos is one of the most accomplished figures in U.S. Soccer history. With three World Cup appearances as a member of the U.S. Men’s National Team, MLS head coaching experience, and a spot in the National Soccer Hall of Fame, Ramos brings unprecedented soccer experience to Boosta.
“Joining the Boosta Advisory Board signals my continued commitment to the growth of the game. I believe Boosta has the potential to change the game. This platform allows me the opportunity to assemble all of my experiences and reveal them to players and coaches alike. It is really exciting to share and help build training curriculums through what I believe to be the most powerful digital platform in the game today.”
Boosta Soccer Advisor
- Tab Ramos Coaching Experience:
- Head Coach, Houston Dynamo FC (Major League Soccer) — 2019-2021
- Head Coach — Youth Technical Director, United States Soccer Federation – US U20 National Team — 2013-2019
- Assistant Coach — United States National Soccer Team — 2011-2016
- Head Coach — United States U20 National Team — 2011-2013
- Tab Ramos Playing Experience:
- Inducted into National Soccer Hall of Fame (‘05)
- U.S. National Team: 3 World Cups (’90,’94,’98); Olympics (’88)
- 1996-2002 MetroStars/New York Red Bulls (Major League Soccer)
- 1995-1996 UANL Tigres (Liga MX, Mexico)
- 1990-1994 Real Betis and UE Figueres (Spain)
Ready to raise the game. Tab immediately recognized an opportunity where the Boosta platform could be used to elevate the game at the highest level and with his insight we have an exciting partnership developing with a professional league. More to come on this story that will certainly grab headlines soon.
NIL Unlocks Massive Opportunity in College Athletics
Welcome the Wolfpack. NC State Men’s Soccer Head Coach George Kiefer was immediately attracted to the opportunity presented by Boosta and joined as our second collegiate partner alongside cross-town rivals Duke University, who we announced in our last update – “Duke Soccer Players to Have NIL Options Through Boosta’s Interactive Training Tools” SportTechie
Joining alongside our four contracted players from the Duke Men’s Soccer Team are the following four players from NC State’s Men’s Soccer Team:
- Will Buete
- Lucas Hatsios
- Luke Hille
- Drew Lovelace
NIL Marketplace. The Name, Image & Likeness (NIL) space has a bright future and our platform is well-positioned, with its ability to bring a new level of accessibility to active student-athletes that are true influencers for the thousands of youth players dreaming to one day play collegiate soccer.
Boosta offers active student-athletes a unique mentoring opportunity to inspire the next generation of players while they generate income during their collegiate career.
Many of the top universities have set up NIL marketplaces for student athletes to connect directly with brands like Boosta.
We have postings with University of Oregon, UCLA, Wake Forest, University of Houston, Virginia Tech and more to come. Note, we’ve been encouraged by the Universities to explore opportunities beyond just ⚽ and include 🏀, ⛳, 🏈…
Club Deal #1 with the Dallas Texans
A Genuine Leader. The Dallas Texans will be our foundational Club Partner! Boosta is proud to be trusted by one of the most forward-thinking youth soccer clubs in North America – one that was established with a clear vision to always strive to be at the forefront of youth soccer.
“Boosta will be The Official Digital Training Platform of the Dallas Texans. The platform helps further advance the mission of having our qualified coaches, players and committed parents all sharing the same philosophy.”
Founder & Executive Director, Dallas Texans
A perfect partner. We look forward to helping the Texans sustain their leadership position and will dedicate an entire update in the Fall, after we get the club-wide program up and running.
Impressive. If you have a minute, read about the Dallas Texans History / Vision, a club formed in 1993 by Hassan Nazari, former 1978 World Cup and 1976 Olympic player for Iran.
Private Training with a Pro
Access to expertise. Former U.S. U-18 Men’s National Team and Assistant Coach with U.S. Women’s National Team and a “Pro” USSF license holder is now on Boosta sharing what he feels are necessary for every youth player to master. Long-time professional coach Omid Namazi shows you how to master, step-by-step, the techniques the pros use in every day training.
- Omid Namazi Managerial Experience:
- Head Coach, U.S. Men’s National Under-18 — 2016
- Assistant Coach, U.S. Men’s National Team U20 — 2015
- Assistant Coach, U.S. Women’s National Team —2014
- Assistant Coach, Iranian National Team — 2011-2014
- Head Coach, Women’s Professional Soccer – Chicago Red Stars (2010)
- Head Coach, Women’s United Soccer Association – San Diego Spirit (2003)
- Head Coach — MISL KiXX — 1999 – 2007
- Omid Namazi Playing Experience:
- American Soccer League — Washington Diplomats — 1988-1990
- American Professional Soccer League:
- Maryland Bays — 1991
- Fort Lauderdale Strikers — 1992
- Los Angeles Salsa — 1993
- National Professional Soccer League — Baltimore Spirit — 1994
- USISL — Delaware Wizards — 1996
- Major League Soccer — MetroStars— 1996
- United States National Futsal Team — 2002-03
Now Available on Android!
More mentorship to more people. After strategically launching on iOS and iterating quickly we are very excited to be live on Android. Now more players around the world have access to our passionate mentors who are committed to guiding them to become the best versions of themselves.
Fact. Android maintains its position as the leading mobile operating system worldwide, controlling the mobile OS market with a close to 70 percent share, while iOS accounted for around 25 percent of the mobile operating system market.
Join the Team!
We are currently looking to raise capital that will allow us to maintain our progress and lead us into a professional fundraising round.
We do believe that this will happen in the very near future so please do get involved in this round before we close it and pursue professional financing.
Basketball Launch 🏀 🚀
Taking us to another level. We have officially launched our second category- Basketball!
We wanted to include this snippet here in this update specifically because we are excited to see that partnerships from the ‘Grassroots to the Pros’ are already starting to take shape in a real way in Basketball.
As you know we have done a lot of heavy-lifting and defined the business in Soccer and are thrilled to see parallels in the Basketball market.
Leading the Way…
189+ Million Impressions. Our partnership announcement has received notable coverage from over 162 editorial mentions from int’l media outlets:
- Prolific Prep
- Founded in Northern California in 2014, Prolific Prep is the first of its kind basketball academy. Prolific Prep provides a unique opportunity for serious student-athletes to be immersed in an environment of unmatched basketball training accompanied by accredited high school academics with its educational partner, Napa Christian.
- Prolific Prep provides a college-preparatory education on and off the basketball court while transforming the athlete in reaching, as well as exceeding, his fullest potential. Prolific Prep includes a highly qualified staff and offers the opportunity for top players who compete with accomplished international level athletes, a unique fusion that provides an unparalleled competitive advantage.
- Prolific Prep are currently #16 in pre-season national high school rankings.
- BriAnna Joy Garza, aka “Shooters Shoot”
- BriAnna is a shooting coach, instructional designer, and mentor. BriAnna travels all around the country providing expert shot training and thoughtful feedback to athletes of all skill levels, ranging from youth to pro. The Shooters Shoot training model was inspired by BriAnna’s passion for coaching both the science and the mindset of shooting.
- As BriAnna says, “We all miss shots, but the best keep taking them. After all, Shooters Shoot.”
- BriaAnna has a Master of Science in Sport and Performance Psychology from University of North Texas, as well as a Master of Education, Instructional Design from Baker University.
- In addition to joining as Boosta’s first Basketball trainer, BriaAnna will also serve as our Head of Instructional Design.
- Chris Hyppa , aka “Chris Hyppa Training”
- Chris Hyppa is a highly-sought after skills development coach. His mission is to inspire and impact player’s lives through the game of basketball.
- Chris trains thousands of players of all ages each year across the country. He has run camps all over China, and works with professional teams in South Korea. He trains many professional players, as well as current high level College, High School & Youth players.
- Chris also works in conjunction with local YMCA, Boy’s & Girl’s Clubs, and Recreational Programs to mentor and provide leadership to youth in his hometown of Tacoma, WA.
- Torin Dorn, aka “Speak Victory Hoops”
- Torin Dorn is a Professional Basketball Player, Skills Trainer, and Mindset Coach. Torin played four years at NC State University before pursuing a professional career.
- Whether you are a complete beginner to the game or a professional trying to gain a mental edge the Speak Victory Hoops Training Program will provide everything you need to take ownership of your game.
- Ben Bellucci, aka “BBA315”
- Established in 2008, Ben Bellucci has strategically designed a training philosophy that is simple yet innovative and focused on giving quality service no matter what the skill level is.
- BBA has developed players of all ages ranging from kindergarten all the way to the NBA level.
- Ben and his staff share their professional experiences and secrets of the trade with the goal of developing athletes into their fullest potential. BBA 315 programs build confidence, self-esteem, and a wide-ranging skill-set that transcend the court and will be beneficial throughout life.
- Ben is a Certified Personal Trainer (AFPA Certified), Sports Metric Specialist (ACL Knee Prevention), and Certified Nutritionist (AFPA). Ben is also Virtus trained, CPR trained, and First Aid trained.
- Matt Buchi
- Matt is entering his 10th season as Head Coach of the University of Illinois Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Team.
- In the off-season, Matt travels the country teaching wheelchair basketball to youth and adult programs. Focused on individual and group development, Matt enjoys putting the fun back into the fundamentals of the game.
- With over 20 years of wheelchair basketball experience and multiple National Championships as a player and coach, Matt is excited for this rare opportunity to inspire, motivate and educate athletes with disabilities through Boosta.
- Matt says, “I work with the largest minority in the world, which is people with disabilities. Not everyone has access to in-person adaptive sports training and I hope to bridge that gap.”
On a Mission
Power of 1-to-1. We believe so strongly in the value proposition that Boosta brings that we decided to apply for Fast Company’s Brands That Matter awards program honoring businesses and nonprofits that are making an impact in business and culture in new and innovative ways. Winners will be announced in November. 🤞
Boosta checks all the boxes:
- Relevancy ✅
- Cultural Impact ✅
- Ingenuity ✅
- Business Impact ✅
We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality mentorship that allows them to develop as human beings.
With an ongoing pandemic, racial injustice, economic instability, and ongoing gender inequality, more and more people are facing serious mental and physical health issues.
Our mission to bring 1-to-1 learning to everyone has never felt more urgent.
As always, thank you!
Thank you ALL for your ongoing support!